Overview of Professional Background
For over 20 years I have been fortunate to enjoy a diverse career that has involved multiple disciplines in art, visual communications, project management, strategic marketing, teaching, instructional design, digital technology and more. Most of my accomplishments can simply be attributed to an innate desire to constantly learn and grow as a professional, supportive collaborations, and adhering to a positive, can-do spirit.
- 1996-1998: Pursued Bachelor of Studio Art at Arizona State University (Visual Communications) and participated in multiple freelance projects including published illustrations, graphic design, animation, and product / package design
- 1997-1999: Worked on Product Development, Product Design, Package Design, and Web Design as Creative Director for The Learning Journey International, LLC
- 1999-2004: B.A. Visual Communications instructor at Collins College. Developed multiple course curriculums for interactive multimedia, graphic design, web design, marketing, humanities, and geopolitical history
- 2004-2006: Relocated to Toledo, Ohio to pursue M.Ed. in instructional design and adult learning at Bowling Green State University. Also taught graphic design at Toledo School for the Arts during the 2005-2006 school year
- 2006-2008: Multimedia Programmer for Root Learning, Inc. Worked on eLearning modules for Fortune 500 companies, marketing videos, and audio production for narratives in eLearning modules
- 2008-2016: Web developer / digital marketing specialist for the Toledo Zoo (learn more about this great experience as a full Case Study). In 2011 I was hired as an adjunct instructor at Owens Community College for evening courses in web design, graphic design, interactive multimedia, and animation (infographics, etc.). Also chairman of the OLPH Festival from 2009 to 2018
- 2017-2019: Communications Director for Saint Rose Catholic Church. Responsible for weekly bulletins, web development and site re-design, Facebook, monthly e-mail through Constant Contact, multiple publications, various designs for apparel and events, staff support
- Fall 2019 – Present: Hired as a full-time Instructor of Animation at Owens Community College.
When away from the desk…
My personal life is still full of endeavors that require designs, art, etc. because sometimes I create things for others or for personal geeky interest. I always make time to read online articles about technology, science, business, art/design, culture, politics/world, and anything else that catches my eye. I enjoy science fiction entertainment and I am not ashamed to binge on Netflix, etc. I stop by Facebook at least once a day to keep up with friends and family (okay — twice a day). I get to the gym 2-3 times a week. I enjoy spending time with family. I keep a good balance between staying home to relax and going out on the town for various events, live music, etc. I am a closet music composer and enjoy creating music on keyboards and digital music software. When time, money, and energy are available I actually enjoy doing DIY upgrades at home.
My bio is a compact version of a fulfilling professional life, but you may want to know specific details about my Skills